Who We Are
Arcadia Christian School was originally founded in 1945 by a group of parents who wished to provide a Christian education for their children. Their vision sought to combine academic excellence and Biblical instruction of the Lord.
Today, Arcadia Christian School continues that rich tradition for grades preschool to eighth. ACS offers a life-changing education that prepares students for lifelong learning and leadership, encouraging students to make a positive impact for Jesus Christ in their community. ACS also offers a rich academic experience that develops critical thinking, connecting theory and practice.
Less than 15 miles east of Los Angeles, Arcadia Christian School is located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, and retains the serenity of a foothill community. Arcadia is home to the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, and for the second year in a row, Bloomberg Businessweek named Arcadia one of the “Best Places to Raise Your Kids: 2010”.
Arcadia Christian School was originally founded by a concerned group of parents from the Arcadia Christian Reformed Church who wished to provide a Christian education for their children. Their vision was to provide an educational setting that would assist parents with their responsibility to raise their children in the nurture and instruction of the Lord. In 1945, it was incorporated as the Christian School Society of Arcadia, an independent organization. Today Arcadia Christian School still strives to provide this Christian education through a commitment to educational excellence and Biblical values.
Statement of Faith
Arcadia Christian School is a non-denominational school whose roots come from the rich heritage of the Protestant Reformation. While we are a non-denominational Christian school, this theological understanding still guides our core beliefs. Chief among these beliefs are: the Bible as our final authority, the atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our sins, and the work of the Holy Spirit to call us to faith and sustain us in Christ.
1. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe God became incarnate in Jesus Christ and that all of our hope centers on the person and work of Jesus, who was fully God and fully man.
3. We believe Jesus is God. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death on the cross to pay the penalty of our sin, His resurrection, His ascension to Heaven, and His future return in power and glory to judge both his followers and non-believers.
4. We believe in Justification by grace through faith alone, a one-time declaration by God in response to our God-given faith that declares us innocent in His sight.
5. We believe that because of sin, we are only able to come to God through regeneration by the Holy Spirit who also grants us repentance from sin and gives us faith in Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who enables Christians to live godly lives.
7. We believe that the Bible is the infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God and the final authority for salvation and faithful living.
8. We believe that God, through the Holy Spirit, inspired the authors of the 39 Old Testament and 27 New Testament books of the Bible
9. We believe in the necessity of obedience to the Word of God.
10. We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church.
11. We believe that in Christ, there is unity of all followers.
12. We believe in the Sovereignty of God over all creation.
13. We believe in the faithful Stewardship of God’s creation.
14. We believe that our chief purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
The mission of Arcadia Christian School is to provide superior, Christian education consistent with Biblical principles. A dedicated, professional faculty presents God as the source of all life and truth. Within a secure, loving environment, students will discover their individual gifts and develop spiritually, socially, and intellectually. We strongly believe that the union of our school, its families, and their churches will equip our students for a life pursuing excellence and integrity under the Lordship of Christ.
ACS has developed the following core values to provide a firm foundation for our school.
Christian administration and faculty model Christ in teaching and leading.
All programs, academic, sports, after school, scouting, and music, exhibit Christ-centered leadership.
High academic standards are maintained with internal and external evaluation welcomed.
The curriculum and other programs are focused on excellence.
The environment is loving, supportive and nurturing for children, families and staff.
The process of the integration of faith and learning in all academic disciplines is maintained.
Organizational practices such as business, development, marketing, personnel and government are all Christ-centered.
The teaching of the Bible as a core subject is essential to the academic curriculum.
Professional development and resources are vital for growth of the school.
The teaching/learning process at ACS reflects a Christ-like sensitivity.
Students learn how to process information in the context of a biblical Christian world view.
At ACS our vision is Building Christ-centered foundations for service to God and academic excellence.
EXPECTED STUDENT LEARNING RESULTS: (ESLRs)
ACS Students will be:
2. Critical Thinkers
Why Christian Schooling?
The choice you make for your children's education shapes them academically, spiritually, and in their worldview and skills. At Christian schools, the faculty and staff are equipped to address each of these developing areas of a child's life. These schools take seriously the responsibility to develop children's minds, but they don't distance God from academics. They know that developing skills in young people is essential to helping them reach their God-given potential.
Christian educators help cultivate a worldview in which God has His rightful place, and they look to the Bible for guidance in answering life's big questions. These teachers enhance children's spiritual development in an intentional, nurturing manner.
A Christian education at an ACSI member school will help your child grow spiritually, academically, and culturally. In fact, the recent Cardus Education Survey and other education studies show that ACSI schools develop the whole child better than any other type of school.